Are you a Food Systems Fan?
If so, read on below to Take the Pledge and become a Fan today. Taking the Pledge shows your support for the Maine Food Strategy and partner organizations working to create a healthy and better connected food system for all.
*Sign on as yourself or your organization and show the breadth of support for a strong food system in Maine.*
The Maine Food Strategy Network Values are promoting activities that:
- Provide economic opportunity for Maine people and Maine businesses
- Build recognition for the important role food production plays in the health and vitality of Maine communities.
- Ensure access to healthy food for all
- Support a healthy environment
By signing onto this agreement, I am becoming a Food Systems Fan, and acknowledge that I and/or my organization, business or agency supports the Maine Food Strategy network values.
In Good Company: Follow this link to find other Food System Fans that have already taken the Pledge and support the Maine Food Strategy network: Current Food Systems Fans
This agreement outlines the values of the Maine Food strategy network. The values were developed over time with input and strategic planning from stakeholders across sectors and across Maine. Find more on that process here.
Overview of the Initiative
The Maine Food Strategy is an initiative to create a broader and more strongly connected network of organizations and individuals contributing to the food system Maine. The initiative is working to advance statewide collaboration around a set of goals identified through a participatory planning process.
Network Partners agree:
- To work as part of a collaborative initiative to advance the values, goals and objectives of the Maine Food Strategy;
- To contribute in one or more of the following ways:
- Serving on the Steering Committee;
- Serving on a subcommittee;
- Assisting with a specific activity or project connected to a subcommittee or the larger Initiative;
- Providing space or resources to the initiative or its subcommittees to do their work; or,
- Assisting in organizing or contributing resources to the annual Network Gathering.
- To respect the diversity of experiences and backgrounds of Network Members and commit to respectful discourse in meetings and discussions;
- To prioritize the highest and best use of all resources available to the network including financial resources and relationships to support the greatest outcomes for Maine’s food system;
- To share information from your organization that is relevant to the network (progress updates, data, etc.);
- To share and promote information and resources of others involved in the Network that support or advance the initiative’s collective goals; and
- To participate on behalf of your organization AND the Network as a whole.